Monday, March 24, 2008

I Have Discovered Blogging


Thanks to help from David I have discovered the joy of blogging. We had a wonderful Easter together yesterday. It was relaxing and we enjoyed spending time together. When we arrived at church we were greeted with hugs an hellos. This is an answer to prayer because we have been searching for a church that really felt like family. When the service was over everyone was handed bunches of bright yellow daffodils, which happened to be one of my favorite flowers, and they remind me of one of my favorite poems. When we got home from church we hid eggs and had dinner together. when we got up from our Sunday nap David and I played a game of Sorry while the kids played. What a glorious Resurrection Day.

"Daffodils" (1804)
I WANDER'D lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;Beside the lake, beneath the trees,Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the Milky Way,They stretch'd in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:Ten thousand saw I at a glance,Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:I gazed -- and gazed -- but little thoughtWhat wealth the show to me had brought:
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;And then my heart with pleasure fills,And dances with the daffodils.
By William Wordsworth (1770-1850).

2 comments:

junglentink said...

ohhhh, love the poem! am glad you had a good easter and found a church you like! we had some friends in town so it was fun to hang out with them for easter. will definatly keep up on here!

Unknown said...

So good to hear from you and see pictures of the kids. I loved the poem too. Can't wait to spend time with all of you in August!